|Maternity Leave SSS|
Maternity Leave SSS
Maternity leave is the period of absence from work granted to a
mother before and after the birth of her child.
SSS Maternity Leave Benefits
1. Daily cash allowance
2. Leave from work
Who are entitled to maternity leave?
1. Female employee
2. Voluntary member - (separated from work)
3. Self-employed member
How long will the daily cash allowance be paid?
1. 60 days for normal delivery
2. 78 days for caesarean section delivery
Limitations in the Grant of maternity benefits
1. 5th deliveries or miscarriages are no longer paid. Only the first
4 deliveries or miscarriages are paid.
2. A female member cannot claim for sickness benefit when she has
been paid the maternity benefit.
Requirements before the grant of maternity leave benefit
1. Must have paid at least 3 monthly contributions within the 12-month
period immediately preceding the semester of her childbirth or
2. Must have given notification to:a. Employer - if employed
b. SSS - if separated from work
c. SSS - if self-employed
3. Notification must be given of the fact of pregnancy and the
probable date of her childbirth at least 60 days from the date of
4. Submit proof of pregnancy
Note: Failure to observe the rule on notification may result to
the denial of the maternity claim.
How will the claimant female employee be paid?
1. She is paid directly by the SSS
2. She is paid by the employer in advance if employed, within 30 days
from the date of filing of the maternity leave application. The
SSS will then reimburse the employer upon receipt of proof of
If you are interested to know how maternity leave benefit cash
allowance is computed, click this link
1. SSS Paternity Leave Benefits
2. SSS Maternity Leave and Paternity Leave Illustrative Case