Philippine Navy Mission
Four Fold Mission of the Philippine Navy
1. National Defense
2. Security Operations
4. National Development
Philippine Navy at present is undergoing modernization to be able
to fully perform the above mentioned missions.
Philippine Navy is in the process of bidding out 2 frigates
configured for anti-air warfare and anti-submarine warfare.
Once this frigates are commissioned into service and after all of the
Navy's other frigates and corvettes are armed with missile systems,
It can effectively perform its mission of national defense and
Two new build strategic sea lift vessels will soon be commissioned
in the service within few years which can be used effectively for
humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations in support
of national development.
Once all the modernization projects of the Philippine Navy are
procured, it can now efficiently and effectively perform the
1. The Navy shall defend the territory from external aggression.
2. The Navy shall continue its role of securing the Philippine
maritime areas from all forms of intrusions and encroachment,
piracy and drug trafficking.
3. The Navy shall assist other government agencies in protecting our
marine resources and environment.
4. The Navy shall continue to assist in the conduct of rescue and
relief operations not only during accidents at sea but even during
natural calamities in land such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions
5. The Navy shall continue assisting in national socio-economic
6. The Navy, as it acquires new and more potent assets, will be an
effective instrument of government in fulfilling various
security-related international commitments.
1. How to Join the Philippine Navy
2. Philippine Navy New Frigates