KINDS OF ORAL DEFAMATION:
1. Grave slander - defamation is of a serious and insulting
2. Simple slander - light insult or defamation.
FACTORS THAT DETERMINE GRAVITY OF THE OFFENSE:
1. expressions used
2. personal relations of the accused and the offended party,
3. circumstances surrounding the case, and
4. social standing and position of the victim.
Words uttered in the heat of anger constitute light
If the utterances were made publicly and were heard by many
people and the accused at the same time pointed his finger at
the complainant, oral defamation is committed.