1. That the testimony must be given in a civil case;
2. That the testimony must relate to the issues presented in said case;
3. That the testimony must be false;
4. That the false testimony must be given by the defendant knowing the same to
be false; and
5. That the testimony must be malicious and given with an intent to affect the issues
presented in the said case.
This article is not applicable when testimony is given in a special proceeding. In
this case, the crime is perjury.
Basis of penalty: amount involved in the civil case.
The testimony need not be beneficial to the defendant.
Conviction or acquittal of defendant in the principal case is not necessary.
Rectification made spontaneously after realizing the mistake is not false