Valid ID in the Philippines
Valid ID's or Identification Card in the Philippines simply means the
acceptable ID's accepted by any government agency or private companies
as a way of ascertaining the identity of person.
Related: BDO Acceptable ID
One of the most important ID's accepted by the Philippines in
obtaining a passport are the following:
1. Digitized SSS ID
2. Driver's License
3. GSIS E-Card
4. PRC ID
5. IBP ID
6. OWWA ID
7. Digitized BIR ID
8. Senior Citizen ID
9. Old College ID
10. Alumni ID
11. Old Employment ID
Aside from any of the ID's above, applicants are required to to show
at least 3 of any of the following documents:
1. Voter’s ID
2. NSO Marriage Contract
3. Land Title
4. Seaman’s Book
5. Elementary or High School Form 137 or Transcript of Records with
readable dry seal
6. Government Service Record
7. NBI Clearance
8. Police Clearance
9. Barangay Clearance
10. Old documents issued at least one year prior to date of application
that show correct name, date and place of birth, picture and
signature of applicant such as the following:
a. NSO Birth Certificate of child / children
b. SSS-E1 Form or Microfilmed Copy of SSS-E1 Form
c. Income Tax Return
d. Voter’s Certification, List of Voters and Voter’s Registration
Record (for newly issued VRR, please attach receipt)
e. School Yearbook
f. Community Tax Certificate
Valid ID in the Philippines for Financial Transactions.
The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas through the Monetary Board Regulates
the operation of all Philippine Banks.
Under Monetary Board Resolution No. 553 dated May 8, 2008 provides
that at least one of the following photo-bearing ID issued by an
official authority shall be acceptable as valid identification cards
for all types of financial transactions by banks and non-banks financial
institutions under BSP supervision.
All Banks and Non-Banks financial institution must abide by this rules.
For those who would like to open a savings account or any kind of
account in any Philippine Banks and financial institutions regulated
by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, the following ID's are accepted.
2. Driver’s License
3. Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) ID
4. National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
5. Police Clearance
6. Postal ID
7. Voter’s ID
8. Barangay Certification
9. Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
10. Social Security System (SSS) Card
11. Senior Citizen Card
12. Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
13. OFW ID
14. Seaman’s Book
15. Alien Certification of Registration/Immigrant Certificate of
16. Government Office and GOCC ID, e.g. Armed forces of the Philippines
(AFP ID), Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF ID)
17. Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled
18. Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
19. Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
20. Company IDs Issued by private entities or institutions registered
with or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC OR IC.
Students who are beneficiaries of REMITTANCES/FUND TRANSFERS who are
not yet of voting age may be allowed to present THE ORIGINAL AND SUBMIT
A CLEAR COPY OF ONE (1) VALID photo-bearing school ID duly signed by the
principal or head of the school.
Banks and non-bank financial institutions under BSP supervision shall
require their clients to submit clear copy of the ONE (1) valid ID on
a one-time basis only, or at the commencement of a business relationship.
They shall require their clients to submit an updated photo and other
relevant information whenever the need for it arises.