Board of Criminology
Board of Criminology, properly called Board of Examiners for
Criminologists is a body vested with the authority to administer,
to issue, suspend or revoke certificate of registration for the
practice of criminology and to administer oaths.
Composition of the Board
1. One (1) Chairman
2. Two (2) Members
Who Appoints the Chairman and members of the board?
- The President upon the recommendation of the Commissioner of
Civil Service with the consent of the Commission on
Qualifications of Board Members
1. Natural-born citizens
2. Holders of the degree of Bachelor of Science in Criminology
(B.S. Crim.) or Master of Criminology (M. Crim.), conferred by a
reputable and legally constituted College or Institute of
Criminology recognized by the Government;
3. At least 30 years of age;
4. Registered criminologists with at least 10 years experience in the
5. Non-members of the Faculty of any school, college or institute
where a regular course in Criminology is taught, nor have any
pecuniary interest in such institution
6. Not connected with any government agency which operate an academy,
training school or institute for the education or training of
peace officers or law enforcement agents.
Term of Office - 3 years
Who is the executive officer of the Board?
- Commissioner of Civil Service who shall conduct the examination
given by the Board.
Who Is the Secretary of The Board?
- The Secretary of all the Boards of Examiners appointed under
RA 546 shall also be the Secretary of the Board of Examiners
Removal of Members of the Board of criminology - Grounds:
1. Neglect of Duty
2. Unprofessional or Dishonorable Conduct
REPUBLIC ACT NO. 6506 is the law which created the Board of Criminology.
The Board of Examiners for Criminology was created on July 1, 1972.
1987 - the year the first Board was constituted.
Who Are The Members of the First Board of Criminology?
1. Dr. Sixto O. de Leon as Chairman
2. Atty. Virgilio B. Andres as Member
3. Jaime S. Navarro as Member
Professional Criminologists Association of the Philippines (PCAP)
- is the accredited professional organization for criminologists in the
country. The Association coordinates with the PRC and the Board
of Criminology in helping promote the profession.
PCAP was accredited by PRC on March 25, 1990.
1. Criminology Board Exam Reviewer
2. Introduction to Criminology